I've been wanting to start a blog but I didn't really have anything major to keep anyone updated on. Until now!
We are in the process of buying our first house. Its been a roller coaster of a process so far and the thrills are just getting started. The home inspection is done. Nothing to major to report there. Oh, except there is NO drain to the sink in the wet bar. That's right the water just flows right into the cabinet. Weird right? But were just thankful there's was no hidden secrets. Now were just waiting to for the written response to the items we asked them to fix.
Closing is scheduled for October 30. The plan is to move out of our apartment on September 30 and move into the in-laws for the month of October. Moving twice isn't particularly exciting but were hoping it'll help up save up some more money. Were going to have to get a storage unit for the month so some neat packing is in order.
Luckily I've been blessed with some good friends who have been helping me out. Julie, who has recently got a new house of her own is passing on her boxes to me and Rachael who I will now refer to as my organizing angel. LOL She came over yesterday and whipped me and my disastrous basement into order.
There is lots more organizing and packing to do in the coming month but oddly enough I'm starting to look forward to it. Its another step closer to moving into our nest!
No comments:
Post a Comment